The mission of the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) Sports Task Force (STF) is to elevate
the voices of Asian Americans in sports and support aspiring Asian American sports journalists across
multiple media platforms through mentorship and financial opportunities. Powered by the Asian
American Journalists Association, STF forges relationships between leading AAPI media professionals
and students and entry-level professionals seeking to network and hone their skills.
In partnership with AAJA STF, Bleacher Report is offering an exciting internship opportunity that will
allow the selected candidate to explore the world of sports media, while also tapping into the resources
and networks that directly speak to the AAJA STF mission. In conjunction with the paid internship, the
selected candidate will be receiving a $5000 AAJA STF x B/R scholarship.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and
popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through
its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment,
New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Bleacher Report, a WarnerMedia company, makes it as easy as possible to be a sports fan by defining
the moments that matter. Empowering, personal and community driven, its vision for making sports
bigger than the game has led to unmatched engagement on social media, where it consistently ranks as
the No. 1 digital and social brand. Bleacher Report also provides an industry-leading fan experience on
mobile devices through its unparalleled app experience. This year Bleacher Report was ranked as one of
the ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ by Fast Company.
With exposure to the DEI resources at WM, the selected intern will be dedicated to the B/R Social
Content team and paired with a mentor to guide them through navigating the sports industry, aligning
with the AAJA STF mission.
The Social Content team is responsible for brainstorming and producing short-form social content along
with our design team against the largest moments in sports and culture. This shared-resources team
supports the many portfolios at Bleacher Report and oversees content production including but not
limited to graphics, illustrations, animations, short-form video executions and more.
• Supporting associate producers, producers and senior producers to brainstorm, develop and
produce sport-specific content including but not limited to NBA, NFL, College Sports,
• Gambling, MLB, Soccer, Combat Sports and more.
• Compiling notes, images and footage to guide content though the back end of production
• Write basic scripts for short-form content executions to live on Twitter, Facebook,
Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube and TikTok
• Have an understanding of content creation in the social space, social media platforms, and
• Have experience working with content calendars and creating basic content executions for
large sports brand social media accounts
• Experience in journalism/sports preferred but not required
• Have extensive knowledge and an extreme passion for internet sports culture
• Our 10-week summer internship program will kick off June 7 and end on or before
• The intern is expected to work on a full-time schedule (40 hours/week) during normal business hours
• The paid internship will be entirely remote in light of COVID-19 and with your health and safety
in mind. There will be extensive programming accommodated for a virtual environment, so you
can make the most of your time at Bleacher Report and learn the ins-and-outs of our exciting
industry alongside your fellow interns
• The intern will be paid a competitive hourly wage
• Upon successful completion of the internship, the selected intern will receive a $5000 AAJA STF x B/R Scholarship
• Only current students (undergraduate or graduate programs) or recent graduates (within 6
months of applying) are eligible for the internship
• AAJA membership required for the selected candidate
• Cover letter
• Work samples
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, APRIL 16 @ 12pm ET / 9am PT.
Questions? Email April Siruno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic
information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other
category protected by law.